It's a gorgeous autumn Sunday here in Ohio. Hurricane Ike blew through here 2 weeks ago leaving over 1 million of us without electricity, as well as water and phone too, for some of us. Of course, that was also the weekend Justin (our son) and his girlfriend, Sarah, flew in for a visit. We all survived - it was like camping out - cooking on the gas grill, porting and heating water on our gas (top only) stove. We call it the Wind of Change!
I've been wanting to make an attempt at posting a photo - so if I succeed, you'll see a couple from Joe and my trip to Sedona this past May/June. We loved being there - even though we missed the water of the Gulf or Atlantic, the natural beauty of the rocks filled the bill. Had the opportunity to visit the oldest Hopi reservation in the country, too. This was one of my goals for the trip. Also visited the Grand Canyon (not from 35K feet this time) and ate some awesome hamburgers in Jerome, an old mining town. Would welcome the chance to go back. We had invited Justin and Sarah to join us but they weren't available. Had also asked Jerry, et al to come but Jerry told us that he couldn't manage the elevation due to how the sarcoidosis has affected his lung function. We'll have to come up with a Plan B, Jerry - OK.
One photo is of Joe and me at the southeastern edge of the Grand Canyon. (I would wear a different shirt next time for a photo if I knew I'd be sharing it... but since you're all family...) The other photo is of Bell Rock - perhaps the first rock formation you'll see as you come into Sedona from the south.
Hey Jenny, might you send out the link again to some of the other family members cause don't they need that to "join" the blog? As I wrote earlier, MiLinda helped me get connected, otherwise, I'd be out in "lala" land.
Love to all from your family in Ohio!
Mary Jane
Mary Jane
2 comments:
SO good to see a post from you, Aunt Mary Jane!! And pictures!! Whoohoo!!! :-D
Isn't the Grand Canyon amazing? I'm sorry we couldn't go out to meet you--that would've been way too much fun. We'll definitely have to figure out a Plan B (that's closer to sea level ;-)). :-D
Sure, I can send the link again, except everyone but Uncle Richard responded or is on the blog. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone else's email address. Feel free to send the link to anyone you want though. The link is: dandurandclan.blogspot.com
Nice to see and hear from you.I am up early working and decided to check in. I guess we are all busy types - I am becoming more computer oriented becuase of work so I hope to check in more often.
Post a Comment